Search for atmospheres
The Engine Room
Titanic Engine Room
Behold the worlds largest steam engine ever built. Steam from all 29 boilers is making its way through the four cylinder triple-expansion reciprocating engines, forcing sixteen massive pistons around the drive shaft producing 16,000 horsepower. The leftover steam is being channeled to the central turbine and finally expended, propelling the ship at about 22.5 knots currently. It's full steam ahead now, and I don't see the Captain slowing us down at this point.. Wait for my orders, but until then, maintain power! This beast is quiet by no means, but passengers can only hear a low rumble from above decks. For us down here however, we just have to get used to it- it wont be stopping anytime soon.
Comments for "Titanic Engine Room"
License details for "Titanic Engine Room"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Ship two bells by Benboncan from https://freesound.org/people/Benboncan/sounds/77692/ - shortened edit +)
- Bass Heavy Brown Noise by Elmer Fudd +)
- Engine 02 by Fox Forrester +)
- Steam by freesound.org +)
- Factory 1 by http://www.freesfx.co.uk/ +)
- Light Machinery by http://www.freesound.org/people/Pooleside/sounds/21558/ +)
- Ship Horn by Robinhood76 from http://freesound.org +)
- Banging in the walls by Square Enix +)